#1 Tue, 20/10/2020 - 11:04
Virgin Australia - 100% Bonus (Double Points) when you purchase Velocity Points Boosters
Nice deal spotted in the news feed!
Velocity Frequent Flyer is offering a 100% points bonus when buying Velocity Points during the month of October, equating to 1.06c per point at the top tier if purchasing the maximum 100,000 points per transaction.
This is the best price that points have been offered at since Velocity started selling them through promotions 18 months ago.
If you are short of the required Velocity Points for a redemption, you can buy the remaining points needed online. With a 100% bonus points deal, you’ll essentially get double points on what you originally purchased.
These are the key caveats:
- Each purchase must be a minimum of 1,000 points and a maximum of 100,000 points
- A maximum of 250,000 points purchased per calendar year applies
- The price per point varies according to the level
- No limit to the frequency of points purchases up to the maximum
- While you must tell Velocity how you think you’ll be using the points that you buy, there is nothing that appears to hold you to this choice
The value per points gets better as you buy bigger amounts. Say you purchased 10,000 points with a 100% bonus: each point would cost you 1.48c. However, if you buy the maximum of 100,000 points with a 100% bonus, then that drops the per-point price down to 1.06c each.
- 100% upvotes
- 112 thanks
- 4107 comments
- 61121 posts