#1 Tue, 24/04/2018 - 03:11
Public Transport Victoria - FREE Travel during ANZAC Day 2018 Commemoration Activities
Free travel during ANZAC Day commemoration activities
Veterans and War Widows can travel for free on Victoria’s public transport network on 24, 25 and 26 April, to help them attend ANZAC Day commemoration activities.
Free travel is also extended to Australian Defence Force members, Scouts and Guides and school students on ANZAC Day, Wednesday 25 April.
Veterans and War Widows simply need to travel with one of the below forms of identification:
- Wear their uniform
- Wear their service medals
- Wear an ex-service association or returned from active service or war widows badge
- Present their DVA Gold or White card
- Present their Category “V’’ Victorian Public Transport Concession Card
- Veterans and war widows travelling with one of the above forms of identification on these days do not need to carry a valid ticket.
Australian Defence Force members, Scouts and Guides and school students must wear their uniform on ANZAC Day to be eligible for free travel.
- 100% upvotes
- 112 thanks
- 4159 comments
- 67261 posts