Apple iPad 3 is rumored to be launching in March
There are multiple sources reporting that Apple is going to launch iPad 3 in the first week of March and that iPad 3 will be launched in Australia on the same date as US launch. This is going to be a much anticipated upgrade to iPad family and will likely include enhancements such as Retina Display, Quad-core processor, a higher resolution camera and many enhancements to the underlying OS version running iPad 3. There are also rumors that iPad 3 will be priced lowered than iPad 2 to compete against Samsung Galaxy Tab and other cheaper Android Tablets. Apple seems to have lost some momentum after Android Ice Cream Sandwich launch so they want to squeeze maximum value into the new iPad 3. What we know about iPad 3 at this stage (according to sources and rumors).
- Australia launch is likely to take place in the first week of March. Apple may allow online ordering at an earlier date.
- iPad 3 is going to have a spectacular display (possibly enhanced Retina) but similar design to iPad 2.
- iPad 3 will run a much faster Quad-core processor and an improved camera.
- Most likely Telstra, Optus and Vodafone will carry iPad 3 as usual.
There are still some questions unanswered such as:
- Whether new iPad 3 will support Telstra 4G network?
- iPad 3 Prices in Australia and carriers?
- Whether iPad 3 will go beyond 64GB storage of existing iPad 2?
- An exact launch date for Australia? Bookmark this page as we will attempt to keep this post updated with all the latest information on iPad 3 Australian launch including best prices, deals, package comparisons etc.