Weekly Competition Results - Three Weeks Ended 17th February, 2014

12 posts / 0 new

I guess I have to be a lot more regular with posting these announcements and sending out prizes so apologies in advance for delay.

Week Ended 3rd February, 2014

• Comments/Forum Replies - $75 ninhursag
  • Participation in Forums- $75 ninhursag
  • Most useful deals - $100 riman

Week Ended 10th February, 2014

• Comments/Forum Replies - $75 newuseragain
  • Most useful deals - $100 newuseragain

Week Ended 17th February, 2014

• Comments/Forum Replies - $75 ninhursag
  • Most useful deals - $100 riman

Site Moderator - Contact me via Twitter https://twitter.com/topbargain.

Congratulations ninhursag, riman and newuseragain :) Well done you three! Great to see your names among the winners.

I would like to suggest that in order to give a chance to other users as well we should announce two winners in each category and the prize money can be divided between the two. Of course the user with the higher scoring will win a bigger prize amount. Feedback and suggestions are welcome :)

+1

Thanks dsharp :) lets see what other community members have to say...

+1, Sounds like a good idea, even could have that you can only win a max of 2 prices per week, and if you win three, that third prize goes to the next in line, provided that have not won 2 already :-) might be hard to implement

+1 makes a lot more sense.

ideally, more prizes should be directed towards encouraging new users.

I kind of like the idea of limiting the number of prizes for one user. Should it be one prize per user in a week?

Maybe some sort of "top five" users, based on some sort of point system and then prizes allocated that way? Plus perhaps an ad-hoc new user encouragement award. So people only get one prize, but we still encourage both those who participate a lot as well as new users....

ninhursag wrote:
Maybe some sort of "top five" users, based on some sort of point system and then prizes allocated that way? Plus perhaps an ad-hoc new user encouragement award. So people only get one prize, but we still encourage both those who participate a lot as well as new users....

I really like this idea. We will have to re-program the tracker though which might take a little bit time but an excellent idea.

Here's a suggested prize pool for Top 5.

1. $100
  2. $60
  3. $40
  4. $30
  5. $20

To encourage new users, we can allocate more points to new users for first few days or weeks while they learn the ropes.

How about a prize for new users, not based on whether they have joined recently but rather if they have never won a prize before? That way it encourages even the long-term members who haven't been active to start to participate? So it's less a prize necessarily for people new to the site, but more for those who have started to join in with the community?